Welcome to Wynyard Medical Centre. Please take the time to read the information and if you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact the practice. This site provides information for new general practitioners, medical and nursing students, patients, as well as the public in general, an explanation of the services we offer and biographies of our doctors and staff. Also included are links to other sites of interest, especially clinical resources and Australian health sites..
Open 7 Days
New Patients & Walk-in Emergency Welcome
We do Covid-19 Testing onsite between 5pm and 6pm every day. Please book who meet the following screening criteria:
In the last 7 days, if you are having the following symptoms:
· Fever/high temperature (38oC and above)/ History of Fever (night sweats, chills and Rigors )
· Acute respiratory and non respiratory symptoms: Running nose, cough, sore throat & shortness of breath/breathing difficulty, and headache or diarrhoea.
and "Yes" to one of the following:
- Are you a healthcare, aged care or residential care worker with direct patient contact?
In the last 14 days before being sick:
- Did you have *close contact with a confirmed or probable case?
- Did you travel internationally or interstate (Melbourne, Sydney or any hotspots)?
- Were you a passenger or crew member on a cruise ship?
Please ring and talk to our receptionists to make an URGENT PRIORITY APPOINTMENT AT COVID-19 ASSESSMENT & TESTING CLINIC at Wynyard Medical Centre (CURRENTLY OPEN BETWEEN 5-6PM DAILY MONDAY TO FRIDAY)
We are currently providing Phase 1b Roll-out Covid-19 vaccination with Oxford/Astrazeneca vaccine to those with Free of Charge to those who are qualified:
- People 50 years of age or older
- Health care workers
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults over 55 years
- Younger people with an underlying medical condition, including people with a disability
- critical and high risk workers, including Australian Government officials about to be deployed overseas on official government business.
If you meet the criteria, then please give us a ring and talk to our receptionists to make an appointment.
We ate also providing Free Seasonal Flu Vaccination to those who are qualified as well. Those who are not qualified to Free Seasonal Flu Vaccination, then can have with a cost of $25 on site.
The goal of the doctors and staff of Wynyard Medical Centre is to provide:
• The best medical care for patients incorporating best practice principals, up to date knowledge and technological advances.
• The best service for patients through awareness of individual health and social requirements, respect for the patients as people and confidentiality for any information gained.
• The best working conditions for doctors, staff and allied health professionals through mutual respect and awareness individually of personal and social requirements.